Find Online Master of Nursing Programs in Mississippi
There are 6 Master of Science in Nursing Programs in Mississippi in our online directory, with 5 programs being CCNE accredited, and zero programs being ACEN accredited. 83% of the Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs are CCNE accredited.
Typical Curriculum for a Master's in Nursing Degree
Typical curriculum for MSN programs vary based on the specialization and track selected. Many programs prepare students for certification as a Nurse Practitioner. According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, NP programs provide theoretical and evidence-based clinical knowledge that prepare students for national certification in their anticipated area of population-focused practice.
Entry-level core NP competencies are the same regardless of population-focus. The program at Alcorn State University includes coursework in role development, advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, rural health care policy, and clinical management.
You might consider an MSN specialized in Nursing Education. Nurse educators must have a solid clinical background, strong communication skills, and a high level of cultural competence.
Students in this track at Delta State University can expect courses in curriculum development, theoretical foundations and instructional strategies, experiential learning, and strategies for assessment and evaluation.
Licensure in Mississippi
Nurses who graduate from MSN programs that prepare Nurse Practitioners are licensed as Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) by the Board of Nursing. Requirements for licensure include current RN licensure, a transcript from your educational program, current national certification, and practice site documentation. New graduate APRNs must submit official documentation on university letterhead of the number of clinical hours obtained in the program; students who do not meet state requirements for required hours must complete the remaining hours under the supervision of a collaborating physician or a precepting APRN.
According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, NPs in Mississippi have reduced practice. This means that state law or rule restricts the ability of NPs to engage in at least one element of practice, limits practice setting, or requires a formal collaborative agreement with another provider in order to provide direct patient care.
MSN and FNP Salaries in Mississippi
According to data published in May 2018 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for a Nurse Practitioner in Mississippi was $109,700. This is significantly higher than the average RN salary of $58,490.
All Accredited Schools with MSN Degrees in Mississippi
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner - Department of Graduate Nursing
- Alcorn University’s MSN Family Nurse Practitioner degree provides students continuing studies and offers a post-master’s certificate program.
- MSN Nurse Educator - Department of Graduate Nursing
- Alcorn University’s MSN Nurse Educator degree extends student knowledge to become an educator to patients, staff and other nurses.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- MUW’s Nursing program offers students the skills they need to function in health care delivery, management and education. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- Leadership in Nursing BSN to DNP - Cecily and John Leach College of Nursing
- The University of Southern Mississippi offers a Leadership in Nursing BSN to DNP with a focus in Organizational Leadership program for nurses interested in becoming leaders in organizational and administrative roles. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- The MSN program at William Carey University prepares nurses with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of the health care system. The program offers concentrations in Nursing Education, , Nursing Administration, Case Management, and more.
- MSN Nursing Administration
- William Carey University offers a Nursing Administration program for nurses interested in becoming leaders in organizational and administrative roles. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- MSN Nursing Education
- The Nursing Education program at William Carey University prepares nurses for teaching positions in schools of nursing, staff development, and patient education. The program is accredited by the CCNE.