Find Online Master of Nursing Programs in South Carolina
There are 6 Master of Science in Nursing Programs in South Carolina in our online directory, with 3 programs being CCNE accredited, and 3 programs being ACEN accredited. 50% of the Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs are CCNE accredited.
Multiple Online MSN programs are available at colleges in South Carolina.
The South Carolina Board of Nursing has provided a list of approved undergraduate nursing programs. Many of those same universities have RN to MSN programs as well as RN to BSN to MSN programs. Typical MSN programs are based on nursing education, professional, and practice standards.
Typical Curriculum for a Master's in Nursing
MSN programs in the state of South Carolina are composed of theory courses and practical experience. Clinical hours vary per program. MSN curriculum includes courses on leadership, policy development, nursing research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice. Legal and ethical courses are also often included. Pharmacology classes are offered to meet prescribing privilege requirements.
|Master||Online MSN Family Nurse Practitioner||Website|
George Mason University
|Master||Online Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner||Website|
|Master||Master of Science in Nursing||Website|
Fairleigh Dickinson University
|Master||MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner||Website|
Nursing Licensure in South Carolina
The South Carolina Board of Nursing requires that all APRN applicants first achieve national certification through an approved APRN licensure certification organization and exam.
The SC Board approves APRNs for four different roles: Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS). APRNs must choose a specialty focus when applying.
All Accredited Schools with MSN Degrees in South Carolina
- MSN Nursing Education
- The MSN Nursing Education at Charleston Southern University prepares students for teaching positions in schools of nursing, staff development, and patient education. The program is online with 10 5-week classes in a 12 month period.
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Nursing
- The Master of Science degree program in nursing at Clemson prepares students for roles as in the health care field. Concentrations in Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult/Gerontological nurse practitioner, Nursing administration, and Nursing education are offered.
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner - Department of Nursing
- Francis Marion’s Family Nurse Practitioner program teaches advanced-practice nursing knowledge to manage health and illness problems of patients of all ages. This program is accredited and completed on campus.
- MSN Nurse Educator - Department of Nursing
- The MSN Nurse Educator program at Francis Marion prepares nurses to teach in higher education and health care settings. The program is accredited and offers on campus classes.
- MSN in Nursing Administration with a focus in Organizational Leadership - College of Nursing
- University of South Carolina offers a Nursing Administration with a focus in Organizational Leadership program for nurses interested in becoming leaders in organizational and administrative roles. The program is completed entirely online.
- MSN Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner - College of Nursing
- The Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner Program at the University of South Carolina prepares nurses to work in illness care and management through the patient life cycle. The program is accredited by the CCNE.