Find Online Master of Nursing Programs in Utah
There are 12 Master of Science in Nursing Programs in Utah in our online directory, with 7 programs being CCNE accredited, and 2 programs being ACEN accredited. 58% of the Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs are CCNE accredited.
Graduates of a Master of Science in Nursing Program (MSN) are eligible to apply for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license. Utah requires that all licensed registered nurses graduate from an undergraduate program approved by The Utah Board of Nursing. The Utah Board of Nursing does not have an approved list of graduate programs.
The Utah Board of Nursing requires that all APRN applicants first achieve national certification through an approved APRN licensure certification organization and exam. The Board approves APRNs for four different roles: Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
Nursing Licensure in Utah
Prescriptive licenses and controlled substance licenses for APRNs are available in the state of Utah. They require a separate application and additional education in advanced health assessment, pharmacotherapeutics, and diagnosis and treatment.
All Accredited Schools with MSN Degrees in Utah
- Master of Science (M.S.) - Family Nurse Practitioner - College of Nursing
- BYU’s Family Nurse Practitioner program prepares nurses to work in illness care, diagnosis, and management of chronic and acute conditions. The program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Nursing Administration – (MS) - School of Nursing
- Independence University offers nurses a Nursing Administrator program for those who desire a role as clinical systems administrators. The program is accredited by the ACCSC and is completed entirely online.
- Nursing Administration – (MS)
- The Nursing Administration program at Stevens-Henager College graduates nurses who are skilled in fulfilling leadership and executive roles within the health care system. The program is accredited by the ACCSC and completed entirely online.
- Nursing Education - (MS)
- The Nursing Education program at Stevens-Henager College prepares nurses for teaching positions in schools of nursing, staff development, and patient education. The program is accredited by the ACCSC and completed entirely online.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Department of Nursing
- The MSN program at the University of Utah prepares nurses with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of the health care system. The program offers concentrations in Nursing Informatics, Nursing Education, Care Management, and Gerontology.
- Nursing, M.S.N
- The M.S.N. program at the Utah Valley University prepares nurses with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of the health care system. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- Nursing Administration Graduate Certificate - Department of Nursing
- Weber State University offers a Nursing Administration program for nurses interested in becoming leaders in organizational and administrative roles. The program is accredited by the NLNAC.
- MSN— Leadership and Management
- WGU offers a Leadership and Management program for nurses interested in becoming leaders in organizational and administrative roles. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner
- The Family Nurse Practitioner program at Westminster offers students the skills they need to function in health care delivery, management and education. The program is accredited by the CCNE.
- MSN Nurse Anesthesia
- Westminster offers a Nurse Anesthesia program for students pursuing roles as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. Students will learn basic science, perianesthetic management, patient safety, critical thinking, and communication. The program is accredited by the COA.